On Becoming a “Like” Whore
Recently I have been rewarded with some lovely recognitions for my blog from other bloggers. Blogging has been such an interesting journey for me. I have met amazing people from all walks of life with different opinions, thoughts and ways of being that I find fascinating. The bloggers I have been lucky enough to get to know are positive, generous and supportive and I am very grateful to be part of a community where those values are important. In fact, I enjoy my encouraging ‘likes’ so much my teenage son tells me I have become a “like whore”. This is apparently a Facebook phenomenon that he feels works equally for blogs where “people are just trawling for likes.” Thank goodness for a teenage son to assist me in staying grounded. I admit it. I do love getting “likes” so a big thank you all for your continued support and encouragement!
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Sofie at Sophie’s Diary was kind enough to nominate me for this award. Think about it – Very Inspiring – it’s quite a compliment! Thanks!
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules are:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State seven things about yourself.
- I decided because this post is about appreciation I would list 7 things I am grateful for at this time in my life:
- A gorgeous family who make me laugh, drive me crazy and keep me grounded.
- A witty teenage son who is wise beyond his years.
- An amazing daughter that has taught me patience and how to do great cartwheels.
- A supportive husband who enjoys grocery shopping. Truly!
- A life of opportunity and privilege that so many people don’t get.
- A new green eel-skin wallet that I received for my birthday.
- A realisation and an understanding that joy is to be found in the everyday.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
One Lovely Blog Award
This award came from Melanie Jean at Themotherof9. Yes, that’s right, 9 children. I love her down to earth attitude to parenting and her passion for her family and many animals. Thank you for the nomination!
One Lovely Blog Award Rules are:
- Tell seven things about myself.
- I love reading teen lit. I have made my way through the Hunger Games, the Twilight series and am currently on the hunt for a new series to get stuck into.
- This year I learned to do headstands.
- I haven’t done any paid work this year – thus the time to perfect headstands and read teen lit – and need to get a job pretty soon as my sense of self-worth is starting to flag.
- I am a little bit addicted to my iphone – and intend to wean myself off it any day now.
- I am an average cook who aspires to do better.
- I can cook really tasty cakes. Shame about dinner.
- I love to walk.
- Thank the people that nominated me
- Give you seven of my favorite reads here in blog world and let those people know they will now be nominated
- Show the one lovely blog symbol.
One Lovely Blog Award
This was awarded to me by Uzoma from 85Degrees. He writes about Africa which is always very close to my heart. Thank you!
- List seven random things about yourself.
- I’m a lousy dancer but after a few drinks (like most people?) I think I’m pretty good.
- I grew up on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, Australia.
- I have made pinatas for most of my kids birthday parties. One famously fell apart on the first whack which led to quite a few tears as it was a party for my 2 year old. Now my kids are older I’ve perfected the recipe but they’re too cool to have one.
- I love the idea of going to museums but truthfully the best part for me is the shop at the end.
- I have a thing for red leather – jackets, iphone covers, bags, you name it.
- I am a licensed scuba diver.
- I would love someone to pay me to write. I’m guessing I’m not alone on this one!
- Link to 15 more blogs – see above
Ligo Circle of Appreciation
Marsha Lee has invited me into the circle. Thank you Marsha. Always enjoy your comments and chats.
To fully participate in the Līgo Circle of Appreciation:
- Complete this sentence about blogging: ”A great blog is…” A great blog is one that is written from the heart.
- Invite 2 bloggers to join the Līgo Circle of Appreciation on a post. The circle was for October and because I am so woefully late acknowledging this appreciation I won’t perpetuate the lateness by inviting others in.