The lovely Cathie Barash has very kindly nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award. To read Cathie’s inspirational blog go to Helpwithyourlife. The nomination came at a time when I was thinking about why I was blogging and what my purpose is. It was very reassuring to know there are readers out there enjoying my posts so thank you so much Cathie for your encouragement. It is appreciated.
The idea behind the Beautiful Blogger Award is to recognize some of the bloggers we read for their hard work and inspiration.
Rules of the Beautiful Blogger Award rules seeem to be a bit variable but I’ve gone with these:
Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
7 things you probably don’t know about me:
- I am running in the City 2 Surf in 2 weeks. It is a 14km race from Sydney City to Bondi Beach. I have been training (a bit) and hope to do it in 1 1/2 hours. I’ll let you know how I go.
- I am a True Blood tragic. I love the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charmaine Harris and am addicted to the TV series. For the uninitiated it is a series of books made into a TV series about vampires, witches and fairies. It is R rated so I have to wait until everyone in my family is in bed or out of the house so I can secretly indulge.
- I am not a morning person. I need at least half an hour before I am ready to talk to anyone when I wake up in the morning. My family know this and are pretty good at avoiding me until I have really woken up. I do talk the dog and occasionally the cat because they don’t answer back.
- I am an avid reader and as point 2 of this list illustrates that I will read anything – from Booker and Pulizter Prize Winners to trash and anything in between.
- I don’t like injustice – at any level. Be it on a worldwide scale or just a kid getting in trouble for something they didn’t do.
- I love peanut butter. (Quite clearly I am running out of things to tell you.)
- I worked as crew on a boat in Israel in 1988 owned by a rich Israeli for 3 months. I was 21 and I had no boating skills and I still don’t. The Captain was an ex Israeli Commando and I learnt a lot about washing dishes and mopping floors. I did get to travel down the Suez Canal by boat and met some very dodgy prostitutes who christened me Cinderella.
7 Bloggers I would like to nominate for a Beautiful Blog Award:
- http://crazytraintotinkytown.com/ Very funny! Self described as being about a 30-something woman who packed her bags for Turkey having been ditched by her boyfriend for her best friend.
- http://emmasmithphotography.wordpress.com/ Emma is a gorgeous photographer & mum – I love her photos and her sense of humour.
- http://thewondrousdharma.com. Arjuna posts short teachings from the great spiritual traditions and teachers.
- http://conorcullen.com Beautiful photography from an Irish journalist.
- http://clarendonheights.wordpress.com/ I like Anna’s quirky and retro view of the world and her take on living in San Francisco.
- http://averagechildhood.wordpress.com/ Subtitled “How to Raise Your Child In a Zombie Apocalypse”. Thanks for my first ever “like”.
- http://booksandbowelmovements.com/ An avid reader and reviewer. I like her style.